CLUB MEETING S
May 14 - Legacy Committee – gave their final report, there was suggestions and a discussion around the changes that will be updated for our ByLaws for the Society act as well as for Kiwanis International. The discussion centered around 3 Bylaw changes for the Society Act – by:
1. Add information to Article V11 Section 4 – Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Board of Directors shall have the discretion to designate assets of the Club, provide that any designation made by the Club is made for charitable, educational, religious and eleemosynary purposes.”
2. Add information to Article XV111 Section 3 - “ No income of the Club shall be provided or otherwise available to any member of the Club or benefit any member of the Club. Upon dissolution of the Club no Club assets shall be provided or otherwise available to any member of the Club.”
3. Delete the current bylaw found in Article X1X Section 6 and substitute the following: “Subject to the club’s bylaws, if the Kiwanis Club of Red Deer ceases operations for any reason, the club’s assets, after all financial obligations have been realized, shall be designated and transferred to the Kiwanis Club of Red Deer / Red Deer Twilight Homes Foundation Legacy Fund under the direction of the Red Deer & District Community Foundation”.
The bi-law changes for the Kiwanis International Bylaws:
1. Add the following to Article 6.2 of the current International bylaws: .“Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Board of Directors shall have the discretion to designate assets of Club, provided that any designation made by the Club is made for charitable, educational, religious and eleemosynary purposes.”
2. Add the following to Article 8.1 of the current International bylaws: `No income of the Club shall be provided or otherwise available to any member of the Club or benefit any member of the Club.”
3. Delete the wording in Article 8.7 of the current International bylaws and substitute the following: “Subject to the club’s bylaws, if the Kiwanis Club of Red Deer ceases operations for any reason, the club’s assets, after all financial obligations
Welcome back to Brent Labrosse who has rejoined our club after a short hiatus.
May 28 – Kiwanis Club of Red Deer AGM for the 2016- 2017 year ended October 2017, our financial picture was presented by Bev Roome, and we elected our new board for October 2018. Our new Board will be: Monica Morrison- President; Devan Bell – Vice President; Bob Kennedy – Past President; Don Rathgeber – Treasurer; Rose Ward – Secretary; Board members: Gerry Stelmaschuk, Larry Pimm, Teri Ryan, Paul Gowans, Steve Cormack, Denni Jeong, Michael Dailey, and new member Milt Williams. Welcome to our new members, and a big thank you for those returning members.
Members also voted on the Bylaws discussed at our previous meeting. All Bylaw changes were passed for both the Society`s Act and Kiwanis International.
June 11 – Sherbino wood cutting event – Marvin and team will prepare supper, while others are invited to come out and help split logs, clean up some brush along the road and I am sure there will be lots of other things to do. The gate will be opened at 3:30 come any time after that.
June 25 – Twilight Homes Foundation - secondary AGM for the changes to Bi-laws and perhaps some other updates. Items for discussion and vote to include:
CLUB NEWS -
Bingos: Team captains for the teams are: Rolf – team 1; Rose –team 2;
Remember to do your part and step up when your team is up for a bingo:
Reminder: team members should be at the bingo hall by 10:30 OR 4:30 or shortly thereafter as ticket sales begin promptly at 11 & 5pm and we MUST have sellers.
If you can’t attend on your scheduled day, please remember it is up to you to find your replacement. Please don’t leave your team shorthanded.
Bingo Dates are: 2018
Team 1 Team 2
Wed. Eve -Jun.6 Thur. Eve- Jul. 19
Wed. Eve - Aug. 22 Sat. Eve - Sept 8
Wed. Eve - Oct. 31 Thur. Eve - Nov. 29
Girl Guide bingos have also been scheduled see below for your Teams date:
Jul 7, 2018 – Afternoon – Team 2 Oct. 6, 2018 Afternoon – team 1 & 2
Kiwanis Annual Golf Tournament – The 56th Annual Golf Tournament to be held Wednesday August 15, 2018.
Christmas Carol Festival – This event will be on Sunday December 9, 2018 – however we are also looking for a Member to assist with this event for the 2018. Don is willing to share the knowledge with anyone interested. We will be continuing at Gaetz United Church
Other Information and updates:
Twilight Homes Foundation: This year they have made a 3 year commitment to the Red Deer Hospice Society assisting them with their planned expansion.
Red Deer Safety City – things are shaping up to be a busy year for them. The Club continues to sponsor the organization. and are sponsoring a Kiosk at Safety City.
Camp Sherbino –as per the Insurance confirmation we do need to do some work on the wood stove in the Kitchen, according to current standards it is too close to the walls. Further investigation is in progress.
Next Board meeting June 18, 2018